Discussion questions for the novel Town Red by Jennifer Moss.
WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD
1. How do you interpret the cover and how it relates to the story and its characters?
2. The book opens with Ryan being notified of the death of his partner. How does this affect his character throughout the novel?
4. Do you think Catharine knows the extent of her abilities? Why or why not?
5. Di Santo says that Ryan changed since he met Catharine. Other than “wearing real shirts” how else did he change?
6. How are animals used in the story? Did you find the portrayal to be believable?
7. Halfway through the novel, Catharine’s sons reveal that she’s agoraphobic. How do you think that will affect Cat and Ryan’s relationship?
8. Was Todd Elliot a believable red herring? Why or why not?
9. Do you think Ryan’s boss Sgt. Besko is being fair when he orders Ryan to stay away from Catharine?
10. If you had thirty million dollars, what would be in your dream house?