* 3 Cups rhubarb stalks cut into 1/2 inch pieces (trim outside stringy layer of large rhubarb stalks; make sure to trim away and discard of any leaves which are poisonous!)
* 1 1/2 Cups strawberries, stemmed and sliced
* 1 Cup sugar
* 2 TB of quick cooking tapioca
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 tsp grated orange peel
* 1 TB fresh lemon juice
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* Betty Crocker pie crust mix (makes two crusts, one for bottom, one for top)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix rhubarb and strawberries with the sugar, tapioca, salt, orange rind, lemon juice and cinnamon. Let site for 10 minutes.
2. Fill pastry lined pie dish. Top with 2nd pastry, trim the edge and crimp top and bottom edges. Cut slits in the top for the steam to escape.
3. Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350F and bake an additional 30-40 minutes. Cool on a rack. Serve warm or cold, but it takes at least 30 minutes after taking out of oven for the juices to thicken.